Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Princess and the Pea Interactive Game

The Princess and the Pea.  The story of a Princess who proves herself to truly be a princess because of her restless night's sleep caused by a pea hidden beneath 20 mattresses.  

The Princess and the Pea is an entertaining fairy tale but an even more entertaining interactive game. 


Inspired by Preschool Alphabet, we created a Princess in the Pea game. Our mattresses, made from paint samples, were cut by my own princess. 


Once we had the 'mattresses' taped in place, and a princess perched atop, we each took turns hiding the pea.


Whether hiding the pea or trying to find the pea, this game completely enraptured Grace.


Thanks Preschool Alphabet for the inspiration and the hours of fun we had playing!

13 comments:

  1. Adorable. Fun. And Educational! :) Great way to get Grace involved too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so much fun! I love this idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I love this kind of games...and when they make it themselves, they like it even better

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is that? Paint chips are definitely one of my favorite mediums ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun game!!! I especially love the princess. I might have to tell my kids to make this game for themselves!! Course, they'd just fight over who got to be the princess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! Love that Grace could make it herself too! I remember my little sister and I hiding a pea under our mattresses to see if we woke up with a back ache....just in case we were princesses and didn't know it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's so cute the princess and the pea was my second favourite story when I was little I had it on a cassette read along and used to fall asleep to it.. I love she made it herself clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know this story but the game sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love your idea of using paint chips. My five year old could use some practice cutting with scissors. This will be a great project to do with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber. Grace is 5 and she loved being able to make the game herself and LOVED playing it. I hope your 5 year old loves it too.

      Delete
  10. What a fun and cute idea! And I love that your little princess was able to help make the game.. makes it the more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maysem. Grace is definitely at the age where she enjoys things more if she is actively involved in the creation of it.

      Delete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...