Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Turkey in Disguise

Tom the Turkey is desperate for a disguise to keep him safe until after Thanksgiving dinner...and it was our job at While Wearing Heels, to figure how to do just that. 


After much debate...and deliberating over craft supplies we had on hand, we agreed, as a family, that Tom the Turkey would disguise himself as a Christmas present.


To make sure there was NO peeking, we decided to add a 'Do Not Open Until Christmas' tag.  Hopefully by that point, he'll be safe to live another year.


Of course, we weren't the only ones tasked with keeping Tom safe. 

Grace's entire kindergarten class was responsible for doing the same.


As long as they don't let out any unexpected 'gooble, goobles', I think they will all be safe.


How would you disguise your turkey?

16 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Your family is so fun My kids told me he should pretend to be a rock. Now that wouldn't be too cute of a craft though...

    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com/2013/11/practically-perfect-promotion.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable idea. I'm not sure how I would disguise my turkey, but I do love your disguise idea! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maysem. We had a few other ideas but needed to compromise based on supplies on hand ;)

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea. I love that the whole class did this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were some very impressive turkeys for sure. Thanks Erin.

      Delete
  4. This is so precious. I love this idea !!! Your so creative and your little ones are so blessed to have you as a wonderful creative mom : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so creative! What a fun project idea for a class. I loved seeing all their unique ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Tom would be lulled into a false sense of security here where we not have thanksgiving then pounced on t Christmas which is about the only time Turkey s eaten :) what a cute idea, clever girl Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute class project! The football one is funny! Will you cook a whole turkey dinner this year?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe cute project. I think a Christmas present is the perfect disguise :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our Kindergarten classes do this too! I LOVE it! So cute.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehe, hiding until after Thanksgiving. Cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some pretty clever kids, I love them all! I'm busy making pies tonight and hoping to find a turkey tomorrow!!! Hope your family has a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is adorable! I love that idea!

    (And I would do it with the girls, if turkey wasn't one of the few proteins they will actually eat. So... no humanizing him for at least a few years! ;) )

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...