Monday, December 17, 2012

Love Letter Ornament

*I share this post with a heavy heart.  Tomorrow I will be participating in a day of silence in remembrance for the victims lost to the tragedy in Newtown, CT.  If you are a fellow blogger, I encourage you to do the same.


Tuck away in a box, I have the letter my husband wrote to me the day that we got married.  Sadly, though, tucked away in a box, I rarely see it or appreciate it.  This year, I decided to turn it into an ornament.


I scanned the original letter and printed it out on copier paper.  Using a wooden heart, I traced out the exact shape I needed.


Using some Mod Podge, I applied a coat onto the wooden heart and placed my paper heart on top.  After that dried, I applied another coat {a sealing coat} of Mod Podge over the top of the paper heart. 


I added a key, yes the key to my heart {cheesy?} and some twine to hang the heart from.


So, now instead of this beautiful letter being tucked away in a box, year after year, I can hang it on my tree and appreciate the happy memories that come flooding back.


And, yes, my beautiful letter referenced In N Out Burger...my sweet husband knows the way to my heart.


Link Party Websites

{T} * Be Inspired by Elizabeth and Co.   * Tutorials and Tips on Home Stories A 2 Z   * I gotta try that   * Tips and Tricks Tuesday at Stringtown Home  * Delicate Construction * The Winthrop Chronicles  * Open Call Tuesdays on Salt Tree * Adventures of a DIY MOM * Take a look Tuesday at Sugar Bee Crafts * Blackberry Vine Tuesday To Do Party Coastal Charm * My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia  * Tip Junkie   

{W} *In Bloom Link Party *Adorned from Above * All Star Blogging Party *Well Crafted Wednesdays *What I Whipped Up Wednesdays * Homemade by You Wednesday * Whimsy Wednesdays  * Blue Cricket Design  * The Fun In Functional * What I learned Wednesday *   Home Happy Home * Someday crafts 

{TH} * Farm Girl Fest* Thursday Linky Party at Osie MoatsTaylor House ThursdayThursday's Temptation Link PartyDelightful OrderA Glimpse Inside  *  The Crafty Blogstalker * Made In a Day  * Somewhat SimpleA Little Knick Knack* House of Hepworth's * Chic on a Shoestring * 52 Mantels *
 

25 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! What a wonderful thing to do with your love letter! And the key isn't too cheesy...it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful idea, Amy! That way you can see it more often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is my favorite ornament Amy!! It's a beautiful idea to turn the letter into an ornament... beautiful sentiment and keepsake for a memory that hopefully will be passed down for a long time amongst your children, their children, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I *love* it! (and of course will have to borrow this idea:) Will join you for the day of silence and other bloggers to show our support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that is such a wonderful idea! And I love the fact that your letter references In-n-Out. I didn't realize they had that in Illinois :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah that is the sweetest Amy :)

    huggies***
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so precious! I may need to do this with a few of my letters...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely one of the best. It is so cute, personalized, and important: love is in the air, along with mistletoe... And very sweet. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the neat cursive handwriting along with the whole love letter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so special. I love it so much. How brilliant!!!

    Never tried In N Out........don't know that I've even been in a city WITH one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is a beautiful sentimental ornament. I don't think the key is cheesy at all. I wouldn't even put it away for Christmas I'd keep it out all year round, that's such a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a wonderful idea! Something truly meaningful to remind the two of you of the love you have for each other. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this idea...what a sweet sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this!!!! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful idea, it would warm my heart to see one of the few love letters I have displayed like that. (I know what I'm going to do today!) lol
    Hopping by from Practically Functional and am following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now THAT is the best ornament idea EVER!! I am so doing this next year. (I'd do it this year, but I have no idea where all those little notes I saved from Sam are!!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. how sweet! :) stopping by from two yellow birds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea!!! Now...if I can just get my husband to write me a love letter.....!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I know it’s been a few weeks since you shared your ornament with us at the All Star Block Party but I wanted to let you know that I have featured it at the opening of tonight’s party. Here is the link….thanks for sharing it with us!
    http://www.intheoldroad.com/2013/01/all-star-block-party-30.html

    Shasta @ InTheOldRoad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! How lucky to have a love letter! And it would work right through Valentine's Day, maybe attached to a wreath! Featuring you at our party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was taking a gander at some of your posts on this site and I consider this site is truly informational! Keep setting up..I see the greatest contents on your blog and I extremely love reading them.
    maternity leave application letter for office

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...