Thursday, April 26, 2012

April showers bring May flowers

My husband and I joke that April showers truly do bring May flowers. The day that we got married, in April {the 29th}, it rained. Not just a sprinkle but a torrential downpour.


I know, the saying goes that if it rains on your wedding day it brings you good luck. I guess that's true because our April showers eventually (almost two years later) resulted in our May flower, Grace, being born.


So when I saw lollipop flower cupakes featured on Martha Stewart's website. I knew that they would be the perfect cupcakes for Grace.


Who would have known that lollipops, different colored sprinkles and laffy taffy (rolled out paper thin) would make some of the cutest flower cupcakes ever...Martha Stewart, that's who.


I'll take April showers any day if they bring May flowers as cute as Grace or these cupcakes.

Somewhat Simple

8 comments:

  1. Adorable post:) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously adorable! Grace is absolutely adorable! Happy Anniversary! I love the pic of you and your husband under the umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! The cupcakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that picture of Grace is just ADORABLE!!! I do believe I chuckled and simpered when I saw her cute little face! Those cupcakes are cute which kinda brings me as to why I am here! I visited your blog during the big UBP linky party and just want to invite you to join us each Thrusday for Project Pinterest where everyone can share what they create by being inspired by something they pinned. I hope you can join us! http://inthehillsofnorthcarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those cupcakes look DELICIOUS! YUM! Happy Anniversary and what a little cutie:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just too cute! I love little Grace's headwear too!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...