Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

I am totally smitten with Kate Spade's snow globe gift tags. How cute are they?


They are printed on 100% cotton paper and sold in a set of 9 {3 of each design} for $12. The only problem {besides that I can't justify spending $12 on 9 gift tags} is that they should be made out of something more sustainable than paper because they are so darn cute.

When I saw these, I immediately thought, I should make these out of felt.


So that's exactly what I did.


Using 2 pieces of felt for each snow globe, some googled images and needle and white thread, I embroidered my own snow globes.


I think they are just about as cute as Kate Spade's version...


The possibilities of personalizing these snow globes are endless.


You can make one for places you've visited or are dreaming of visiting.


Like Kate Spade's gift tags, these can be used as a gift tag but are also sustainable enough to then use as a Christmas ornament. I just love the thought of adding something homemade to the top of a beautifully wrapped Christmas present.


A quick and easy gift for anyone dreaming about a White Christmas this year.

2 comments:

  1. Those are adorable. I love your blog. I'm your newest follower. Would love you to stop by DIY Home Sweet Home

    Jamie
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    P.S. I have a linky every Monday would love you to stop by Monday and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohh these are adorable! I love this idea! It would be fun to have a tree filled with these and other "travel" ornaments! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...