Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Fine Art of Compromise

As anyone in a relationship knows, one of the keys to success is learning to compromise.

Sometimes, that's easier said than done. As was the case when compromising involved incorporating my husband's bachelor decor into our new house together.


Since my husband is both so charming and handsome, he won me over...


and we settled on a compromise. The masks were moved to the basement where he could appreciate them and where they didn't scare off our guests.


Then came *our* growing collection of barn, scrap and drift wood which involved less compromise since it's out of sight {stored in our garage}.


But, in the end, by showing some tolerance for his latest obsession, I saw his vision. He shocked and amazed me by turning those planks of old barn wood into this...


And this...


And his scrap wood into this...


When I saw how honed his skills were becoming, I enlisted him in my quest to get that crafting nook I have been dreaming about. So, he built me a crafting desk {which still needs to be painted}. Amazing, right?


The only problem, just above it...


Looks like we've come full circle.

Time to compromise again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW....your husband seriously did that? I am SO impressed! Did he also do the ducks on the mantle? That man has talent....definitely a keeper. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...