Monday, October 24, 2011

A weekend away and time to be inspired.

We hit the road, dog included, for a weekend away to visit my parents.

This is their view, inspirational, right?

{Image via my talented husband}

That's why I enjoy working on something creative while we visit. Another reason, Grace gets plenty of attention from her grandparents, my husband is usually off on a kayak adventure and I am free to do as I please without distraction.

Taking a quick break from Grace's Halloween costume, I decided to spend some time embroidering. I love the art of embroidery. In efforts to try and impress my talented husband, I embroidered a cityscape of Chicago. I am still not sure what I am going to do with it but I had a lot of fun making it.


I saw a free motion quilting tutorial that blew me away from crescendoh. Since I was spending the weekend with the Queen of Quilts, I thought it was an appropriate craft to try this weekend. I loved the idea she had of using a mason jar.


To get the blue glass effect, water color pencils and a paint brush. You should check out her tutorial. I love when you try something new and it's a success.


Could you imagine what I would be inspired to do, if I had a view like this?


Or this?

1 comment:

  1. shoot girl i don't think i could ever get anything done with that view. i would be on the deck soaking it in all the time.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...