Wednesday, August 3, 2011

You've Got Mail - Art Party Invitations


I always look forward to the time of day when our mail carrier arrives. I rush to the mailbox hoping to find something interesting waiting for me. Most of the time, though, it's usually bills (yeah, we still need to go paperless) or junk mail.


When I do open the mailbox and find the new Martha Stewart Living magazine has arrived or a handwritten envelope smiling up at me, my heart swells. Being a stay at home mom, sometimes it truly is the simple things that make me smile.

In a world of evites and text messages, we wanted to set the tone for Grace's 3rd birthday party, an arts and crafts party, with these handmade invitations.


I was almost tempted to mail one to myself (I joke). Believe it or not they actually made it through the postal system, with paintbrushes still intact.


The invitations were cut in the shape of a painter's palette. The 1 inch circles of color, yet another reason I love trips to Home Depot, came from paint chips.


The paintbrushes, a 12 piece paintbrush set purchased from The Dollar Store for, you guessed it, a dollar.

If you happen to be curious, today was one of those bills/junk mail days.

Be sure to check out the rest of the details from Grace's Art Party.

2 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable invitation ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came over from a pin about Grace's bunny party as I am throwing a bunny birthday for my four year old next week. I am really enjoying your blog. Your writing style is happy and easy to read. Thanks for sharing! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...